Janus

Two-faced Nitpicker

Drip Drop Teardrop - Samantha Young This has achieved what [b:Abandon|9397967|Abandon (Abandon Trilogy, #1)|Meg Cabot|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5146MxKkKJL._SL75_.jpg|11351526] could not.
I loved how Brennus was imperfect, not those annoyingly cliched "hot bad boys" which is waaaaaay unrealistic. Sometimes throughout the book I wan't to throttle Avery because she was so ungrateful at one point. But yet again,I couldn't blame her. Her aunt is dying, after all. I could feel her conflicting emotions through the chapters.
But I liked the way she described the everything in her bathroom is stocked to what she likes and the wardrobe had everything to her style as 'Gothic' behaviour. Not something you usually hear.. Sometimes during the book I felt that Brennus isn't really that bad, contrary wise, you can see that he cares for her a lot.

Now you should all know that I am a sucker for happy endings. Bittersweet endings just makes me want to cry, and that in turn makes me pretty angry because then my nose runs, then the tissues start coming, and then... well you get the gist. I don't like crying. On the bright side, The ending was a bit of a mishmash, BUT it wasn't annoying sad. It was a more happy, but oh well,that had to happen.

Nowadays with the number of books centered around the myth of Hades and Persephone, Samantha Young creates something unique, and fresh. sure the plot line might be a little similar to others, but her writing is what distinguishes it as one of the best I have read.