Janus

Two-faced Nitpicker

Sweet Venom - Tera Lynn Childs I was rather disappointed with this book. It incorporated such a wonderful idea, using the myth of Medusa and twisting it.
The idea of triplets, with very different personalities- sweet Grace, posh Greer and Gretchen the warrior, yet they are alike in so many ways.

This could have been a super good book, yes, but the way the story flowed was... jarring. It was jumping from place to place, and though it is meant to be arranged that way, I hoped to see Greer's POV earlier, rather than so far into it. Many a times I had to re-read the previous chapter to link certain events together.

I also felt that the guys they liked/crushed on sections were redundant. They did not move or progress the story. But yet again, maybe they would play a bigger part in the next story.

The ending was very unresolved. I wouldn't call it a cliffhanger, but I don't feel the sense of resolution you get when you finish reading the book. It felt more like chopping off in the middle of the book.

I did have hopes for this book, with much anticipation too, but it was quite the let down, although I will read the next book to find out what happens.

My full review: http://pineforapples.blogspot.com/2011/10/sweet-venom.html