Janus

Two-faced Nitpicker

Black Wings - Christina Henry The story was good, however the abundance of information thrown at me seemed to have more importance as compared to the fighting, the oh-some-one-is-killing-me plot so it would be safe to say that this book served it's purpose well as a foundation.

Madeline is rather like most paranormal heroines- she's got spunk, is a troublemaker, has untold of great power, and a freaky lineage. Though I'm sure the two go hand in hand. However it would be better if there was a better description of Maddy in the book-the cover doesn't do her wings justice.

The plot was interesting, with the mysteries, and the action-blasting thing going on. but as I have said earlier, that was mostly overshadowed by the building up of Maddy's history and the secondary characters.