Janus

Two-faced Nitpicker

The Candy Shop War - Brandon Mull The plot was smooth, things progressing such that I could not imagine it going any other way. The idea of candies allowing you to gain superpowers was absolutely mind-blowing and I loved every minute of reading it.

Then the puzzles came. Oh the puzzles! I have gushed on puzzles before. I have mentioned my love for mysteries. The puzzle solving sections wer DIVINE. They come close to being better that chocolate.

The sweets were of course, the highlight of the book. I loved it everytime The Blue Falcons went to the Ice cream and Candy Shoppe and dang I would I love to be in that shop! Moon sweets that make you fly, sweets that do almost about anything oh the

My favorite character is strangely Mrs White. Though you know with what happens, Mrs White still surprises me constantly and keep me on the edge of my seat, and it's fun because she's unpredictable. It's so detestable when the character's next move is so obvious.
I didn't quite like Nate as he seemed very jerky to me though I admired his plans of action.

This book is a godsend to me, especially when I was so disappointed with the books I had recently read. If you love Fablehaven, adventure, magic, mystery, and sweets, you'll feel this way too.