Janus

Two-faced Nitpicker

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead Ov vey, at least this was expected.

As much as this book is an improvement over the previous book, it did not entirely sit well together with me. For one, I am not a big fan of Sydney. I have *grudgingly* come to appreciate her but nooooo I still don't like her that much. However in this novel, we see more of a focus on that loose little string about Clarence and his talk about the "vampire-hunters" which is of course a REALLY AMAZING PLOT LINE that only Richelle Mead is capable of crafting but it's not that little fascimile I'm not happy with.

It had the potential for a lot more. and It was very predictable. I mean with all the foreshadowing and little hints dropped in the book, the little mysteries weren't that much of a mystery. Actually it just makes Sydney look stupid. It was pretty obvious what Eddie was going to do in this book-hello this is YA-why Jill acted so infatuated around Sydney shadow-kissed were you paying attention in vampire academy Who they had to hound after, what Sydney will do AND SAY concerning the spells she learnt (huzzah!) well, you see. It being too predictable made it less interesting because well, you can't be that into the story if you know what going to happen right?! It would be better if as a reader I can be surprised- isn't it more fun that way for both sides? You, dear author, can laugh at our reactions and we can APPRECIATE ALL THE SHOCK but not to the extent that everything is just for shock value.

Adrian, well adrian is his usual emo-ey, fabulous scarcastic self, constantly inebriated on alcohol and the occasional Slushie (I've tried, it does happen) and well Jill is as usual, falling under the spell of that weird modelling agency, Eddie, the pining , Angeline, well she was FUN in this book (loved le punching).

BUT WAIT, THE QUESTION, THE QUESTION THAT NEEDS BE ASKED- DO WE SEE DIMITRI FIGHTING?! All I can say is, I am one happy camper.

But anyways most of my reviews are usually so black and whitey and not really showing THE COLOURS OF THE WIND so have some pictures of LSP

*sputters* What do you mean they have nothing to do with what I just wrote?