Janus

Two-faced Nitpicker

Daughter of Smoke & Bone - Laini Taylor So many would probably be wondering- to believe in the rave, or not?
Well I say to the noose with the haters, and run to your nearest bookstore! I LOVED Daughter of Smoke and Bone. The synopsis does not do it any justice. But of course, to ensure a spoiler free summary, they couldn't exactly say the juicy parts, right?

The words in the book just... flowed, you know? The information wasn't jarring, it fit right into the plot. The thing is, I can't imagine taking anything away from the book. Everything fits perfectly. I devoured it in 2 hours- what I normally do for books I love to the point of no return.
The macabre feel of it was alluring, the eccentricity inviting, and the mystery mindblowing. God knows I'm a sucker for mystery. It made me keep reading on feverishly, trying to find out what exactly is going on or about to happen.
AND THE ACTION. I really(x googolplex) love action in books. Combined with mystery (which it usually does) just about makes me faint in delight. The description of the knifes were so beautiful, I wanted to go all Willy Wonka and just "reach in, and grab one".

The description is quite misleading. It seems to suggest that the people she draws are just her imagination, and her own happy hallucinations, but ah, misleading much?
Coming from an art school myself (though not visual arts), the blurb enticed me. But I felt that the schoolshe went to was rather warped in reality. We don't do art everyday in school. There's still normal curriculum. But ah well, excuse my nitpicking, and get back to reading the book.

For about 2/3 of the book, when Karou finds out his huge bigass secret about a certain something, I loved the place where they visited, be it by metaphorical or literal (can't say too much now,can I?). It was a new element (x:x={a,b,e} INNER NERD) added, and has that whole new thing edge going, but it still fits well! In fact, by adding a new element after entering the story actually made it more of a pageturner, if possible.

I found the idea of wish coins very fun,and I love how the author showed that you don'tmake wishes for fun. Everything has a price. Some books tend to overlook that, but thankfully, we don't see that in here. I also found the sugarcoating (um... literal) part quite interesting. but I am digressing from the point. What exactly is the point in the first place, huh?

She did, learn the truth about herself, and it was shocking. The author also had the insight to make sure from beginning to end, you would know what you need to know. Hmmm the ending wouldn't really count as a cliff hanger, but hmmmmm OKAY fine it's a cliffhanger. I want to go ransack Laini Taylor's house right now to get my hands on the next book. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. AHH. AHH. This want is ever growing! I fear I shalt restrain thyself to prevent the crazed rampage of finding the answer to my woes! My woes! The answer! The sequel! Now!
So to get away from the weird person waxing poetic nonsense, I yet again recommend you to run to your bookstore like your life depends onit, and take out all the cash you have. Then buy as many copies as you can, and distribute them to every person you know. Don't forget to read the book. And don't forget to give me one copy too. I like having more.