Janus

Two-faced Nitpicker

Opal - Jennifer L. Armentrout HOW WAS THAT AN ENDING it had the I-want-to-kill/hug(killer hug?)-you-author and the heartbreaking feeling comparable to my Percy and Annabeth feels at the end of [b:Mark of Athena|12127750|The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, #3)|Rick Riordan|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1339382726s/12127750.jpg|17115055].

But can I say that I did not expect it? *sighs*
I knew it was a doomed plot- I mean just look at the strength of their plan. They knew they were walking into a trap BUT WHERE WAS THE MASTERMINDING AND STRATEGIZING PART?! My goodness me even teenagers with lesser powers than you strategize better (see: Artemis Fowl II/ Azula) -- though in defense of the novel none of them were criminal masterminds or fire-bending strategists. BUT STILL. Aren't Luxen supposed to have above average intelligence?!.

Other than that though, I wouldn't mind reading it again just for the Katymon scenes ;) (Though plotwise, the book feels like it could been much more... muchier.)
Needless to say, I am glad this author writes fast.