Janus

Two-faced Nitpicker

The Space Between - Brenna Yovanoff It was... unbelievably droll. and dull. The girl on the US cover sums up exactly how I felt while reading this book. Just thinking about the book makes me feel full of ennui. If that's the atmosphere the author was trying to create, it definitely doesn't work for me.
I mean I understand if that's the tone of the novel while Daphne was living in Pandemonium, but it would have worked much better if her coming to earth resulted in a resurgence of emotion and excitement that wouldn't have been previously possible in the previous plane.
The constant surreality really bogged me down and destroyed any chance of me connecting with the story- which is sad, as I had expected SO MUCH more from the book.